Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

   5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents.

–        Home Child Care Provider Pilot – NOC 4411

–        Home Support Worker Pilot – NOC 4412



  • have enough work experience
  • have at least 24 monthsof full-time work experience in Canada in the 36 months before you apply.
  • meet the language level
  • minimum language skill is CLB 5in English or NLCL 5 in French
  • meet the education requirement
  • have a completed post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year in Canada.
  • If you don’t have a Canadian education credential, you need to get your foreign education credential assessedto show that it’s equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year.
  • are admissible to Canada
  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  • have a job offer to work in one of these occupations

Through these pilots, you’ll get an open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily. This work permit:

  • is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation)
  • doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • lets you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence