Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot
5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents.
– Home Child Care Provider Pilot – NOC 4411
– Home Support Worker Pilot – NOC 4412
- have enough work experience
- have at least 24 monthsof full-time work experience in Canada in the 36 months before you apply.
- meet the language level
- minimum language skill is CLB 5in English or NLCL 5 in French
- meet the education requirement
- have a completed post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year in Canada.
- If you don’t have a Canadian education credential, you need to get your foreign education credential assessedto show that it’s equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year.
- are admissible to Canada
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- have a job offer to work in one of these occupations
Through these pilots, you’ll get an open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily. This work permit:
- is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation)
- doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- lets you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence