Super Visa (Parents and Grandparents)
- visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time.
- a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.
To be eligible for a super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
- a promise of financial support for the length of your visit
- the list and number of people in the household of this person
- a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
- have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
- at least $100,000 coverage
- have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
You must also:
- apply for a super visa from outside Canada
- be allowed to enter Canada
- take an immigration medical exam
- meet certain other conditions
You can’t include dependants in this application.